I. Focusing on the main problem/issue
1. What is the main problem?
2. What is the real issue (here)?
3. (I think) the major problem is . . .
4. Our primary concern is . . .
5. The crux of the matter is . . .
6. (As I see it), the most important thing is . . .
7. The main problem we need to solve is . . .
8. We really need to take care of . . .
9. It all comes down to this:
II. Asking for input
1. What should we do about it?
2. What needs to be done?
3. What do you think we should do?
4. What are we going to do about it?
5. Do you have any suggestions?
6. Any ideas?
III. Making Recommendations
1. I recommend that . . .
2. I suggest that . . .
3. I would like to propose that . . .
4. Why don't we . . .