a. Paragraph 1:
Introduce the first trend (Topic sentence)
b. Paragraph 2:
Introduce the second trend (Topic sentence)
c. Paragraph 3:
Summarize the graph
The graph shows the fluctuation in the number of people at a London underground station over the course of a day.
The busiest time of the day is in the morning.
- a sharp increase between 06:00 and 08:00, with 400 people
- drop quickly to less than 200 at 10 o'clock.
- 11 am and 3 pm: the number rises, just under 300.
In the afternoon, numbers decline: less than 100 at 4 pm.
- a rapid rise to a peak of 380 at 6pm.
- after 7 pm, numbers fall significantly
- only a slight increase again at 8pm
- tail off after 9 pm.
Overall, the graph shows that the station is most crowded in the early morning and early evening periods.