SMELL A RAT
- How come the front door is open? Didn't you close it before we went shopping?
- I'm sure I did. I can't understand it. Frankly, I smell a rat.
- Me, too. I'm convinced that something is definitely wrong here. We'd better call the police.
GO TO THE DOGS
- Have you seen their house lately? It's really gone to the dogs.
- t's true that it has become run-down and in serious need of repair, but I'm sure that it can be fixed up to look like new.
- I guess with a little carpentry work and some paint it could look pretty decent.
When the security guard saw a light in the store after closing hours, it seemed to him that there was something fishy going on. He called the central office and explained to his superior that he thought something strange and suspicious was occurring.