Sunday, August 5, 2007

Confusing Words

Day 4

Wrong: Let's begin from page 10.
Right: Let's begin at ( on ) page 10.

Wrong: Did you attend college ?
Right: Did you go to college ?

Wrong: I wanted to go to Europe last summer, but it was too expensive so I gave up to go.
Right: I wanted to go to Europe last summer, but it was too expensive so I gave up the
idea.

Wrong: I'll go there at three.
Right: I'll be there at three.

Wrong: I am going back my home.
Right: I am going home.

Wrong: His temperature went down.
Right: His temperature came down.

Wrong: I like green color.
Right: I like green.

Wrong: Today's newspapers has his articles on Taiwan.
Right: Today's newspapers carries his articles on Taiwan.

Wrong: Give me money, if you have.
Right: Give me money, if you have any.

Wrong: You'll have a cold if you sleep with your window open.
Right: You'll catch a cold if you sleep with your window open.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear teacher!
This time you forget to change red colour from wrong sentence into blue colour in right sentence.
Have a nice weekend with your family!

Anonymous said...

Teacher!
You said it was wrong if we said:"When I have free time."
But I see many people say that and the foreigner can understand.Can you explain more about it.