Structure your Cover Letter into four parts:
COVER LETTER FORMAT
• Your Contact Information
• Employer Contact Information (if you have it)
• Salutation (greeting)
Dear Mr./Ms. Last Name / Mrs & Ms, (:)
(leave out if you don't have a contact)
• Body of Cover Letter
• what position you are applying for,
• why the employer should select you for an interview,
• and how you will follow-up.
• First Paragraph
The first paragraph of your letter should include information on why you are writing. Mention the position you are applying for and where you found the job listing. Include the name of a mutual contact, if you have one.
• Middle Paragraph (s)
The next section of your cover letter should describe what you have to offer the employer. Mention specifically how your qualifications match the job you are applying for. Remember, you are interpreting your resume, not repeating it.
• Final Paragraph
Conclude your cover letter by thanking the employer for considering you for the position. Include information on how you will follow-up.
• Complimentary Close
Cell Phone Number
, Name Title Company Address City
• Dear Hiring Manager,
• I am interested in the part-time position at SPEAK UP advertised in The TUOI TRE Newspaper. I have good experience in product promotion for over two years. Not only have I shown and ridden horses, but I have also had extensive experience assisting in a barn. Through working with horses, I have acquired a thorough knowledge of horses, tack, and equine apparel for both horse and rider.
• While I have equine experience, I also have excellent communication skills and an aptitude for customer service. My past experience as a volunteer at
made it necessary for me to focus on providing quality customer service, and also enabled me to work with all types of people. I believe that my communication skills, partnered with my good knowledge, would make me an asset to your company. Kentucky
• Thank you for your consideration. I can be reached at 0908 652 265. I look forward to hearing from you soon.
• Your Signature